Search

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Different ways to say No ...Everyday Basic english Phrases


Different ways to say No....Everyday Basic english PhrasesThere are times when we all have have to say NO

It's easy to say NO in our own local language....but when it comes to say NO in english we usually end up with one phrase that we commonly here or use.

So in this article today I'm going to cover different ways to say NO in english


So let's start with our today's lesson ....don't forget it to practice it after reading in your daily conversations.

1. I am sorry, I'm busy
When you are busy doing some work ...or you just wanna say that you are working and won't be able to make it you can use this phrase 


- I'm sorry anna , I'm busy

- Hey James, I'm sorry, I am busy won't be able to come.


2. Thanks, but no thanks.
This phrase is used mostly when someone offers you something and you don't want it you can use this phrase


- Thanks, but no thanks i don't need it


- Hey thanks, but no thanks i already have plans


3. I won’t be able to help
When someone asks for help and u are busy you can use this phrase
- Hey! sorry i won't be able to help you with your project today


- i won't be able to help you with the baking i have some work


4. Apologies, but I can’t make it.
When you can not make it...like when u are able to reach somewhere you can use this phrase (mostly a little formal way)
- ohh apologies, but i can make it at the location in time.


- I apologize but i can't make it.

5. Thanks for thinking of me, but I can’t......
When you are invited and some one counts you in and you wanna say NO you can use this phrase
- Thanks for thinking of me, but i can't come for dinner with you


- Thanks for thinking of me, but i can't come for the festive party

No thank you, but it sounds lovely.
It is a very polite way to say NO to an invitation or offer

- No thank you, but your offer sounds lovely.

7. Let me think about it and I’ll get back to you.
When you are unsure about the offer  you can use this phrase
- Let me think if can come help you with project or no and I’ll get back to you 


- Let me think if can make it to the party or no and I’ll get back to you 

8. I'm not really into ................, but thanks for asking!
When you are not interested in something and you don't want talk about/ go/ play you can use this phrase
- I'm not really into Football game, but thanks for asking!
- I'm not really into parties and socializing, but thanks for asking!

Comment below with a sentence for practice and other
Common phrases

No comments:

Post a Comment