Search

Sunday, July 14, 2019

The difference between lend & Borrow

The difference between lend & Borrow How to Use Lend an borrow
Lend and Borrow

this is the most common error, we usually make and get confused with while using it.
The main difference here is the direction of the action.
As you can see in the image


Lend
means to give

something to something
and expect that you will get it back in a short period of time.

Lets understand this with an example 

I will lend you some money next week.
Here it means you will give some money for a short period of time expecting to get it back

Remember you always lend something to somebody.


Borrow

It means you take something from someone for a limited time mostly short period of time.

lets understand this with an example

Can i borrow some money from you next week.
Here it means you want some money with intention to return it within a period of time. 


Remember you always borrow something from somebody

let's have a look to some more examples

I have borrowed this car from my neighbor 
"Here car is been taken for some time"

&

I have leaded my car to my neighbor
"Here car is been given for some time"
.
.

Can you borrow me a book?(this is wrong)

you should say

Can you lend me a book?(this is right)
.
.
I borrowed some money from MR X.
"i need to pay him back"

&

I lent some money to MR Y.
"He will repay me after sometime"
.
.
so now you can use it in your own sentences without any confusion.



No comments:

Post a Comment