Search

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Everyday Basic english phrases and expressions (part 2)


When it comes to English we get a little nervous so here
are few common phrases
we can use it in our daily in day to day conversation

They’re very common, but they’re used in regular
and familiar conversation, so you can use them in
your daily conversations....
Learn and practice these phrases and expressions,
use this in your daily life

1.Figure something out
When someone says we will figure something out
it means we will find a solution to solve the problem
- Don't worry we will figure it out


- He was trying to figure out why the washing machine
was not working

2.Fill in
When someone works for temporary basis for
someone else Because he/she cannot work
- Can you pls ask james to fill in for me
-I had to ask Ria to fill as i had to go out of town

3. In ages
It simply means for a very long time
- It been ages since I haven't seen amma, How is she?
-We have not met are old friend in ages
4. Once in a while
It simply means time to time, very often, not regularly
- We should change our hair style once in a while
-We should meet our old friends once in a while

5. Do me a favor
If you need someone to help you or do some extra work for
you can use this phrase
- I need a favour, can you help me with maths
-Can you do me a favour, can you pls fill in for me

6. Hold on
It simply means Stop or wait
- Hold on, I will join you in a minute
-Can you pls hold on, I will check in data and let you know

7. How's work going?
It simply means is everything ok at work, how is
your work life going
- So tell me how's work going?
-How's work ?

8. A Piece of cake
Something that is very simple or easy
- He will help you with this; it's a piece of cake of him
- Yesterday’s maths test was a piece of cake

Comment below with a sentence for practice and other
Common phrases

No comments:

Post a Comment