Search

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Difference between on This vs These

Difference between on This  vs These It sound really simple but yet its a little confusing while we use this to words. 


This and These
This is the most common error, we usually make and get confused with while using it.

      


      
               Let us understand it with some examples and uses
REFERS TO
This is used for singular objects
This is a pen
and
These is used for Plural objects 
These are pens
USED WITH
"This" is used with "IS"
and
"These" is used with"ARE"

LET'S LOOK AT SOME EXAMPLES
FOR THIS
- I want u to buy me this game for Christmas
- What is this movie you are watching
- This Chocolate is really delicious

FOR THESE
- I want u to buy me these games for Christmas
- What are these movies you are watching 
These Chocolates are really delicious

This is often used to talk
about time.
"Past, near future or present"
- My dad called me this morning
- I had 3 appointments this week

Non-Countable words like
(tea, sugar, water, air, rice, anger, fear, money, salary, research, love etc)
are accompanied with word “this”
This money belongs to my uncle
This rice is well cooked
This coffee has no sugar in it
- You must overcome this problem of anger of yours

Looking at the examples i hope you understand the difference between
This and These so now you can use it in your own sentences without any confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment